- Athletics International Classification for Physical, Visual and Intellectual Impairment
- National Classification for Athletics (Track and Field), Archery and Swimming
- Track & Field
- Air Gun & Rifle
Desert Challenge Games Event Details
The 2018 Desert Challenge Games Information Packet with details of the event including awards, classification, WPA licensing, drug testing, and more will be posted closer to the event. A Team Leader Manual will be distributed to all registrants the week prior to the competition. Please stay tuned for additional information as it gets closer to the event.
Every athlete, guide runner and coach must complete the event waiver. Please download this form and bring it, completed and signed, to Registrant Check-In on June 14th.
Arizona State University Joe Selleh Track and Field - 400 S. Rural Road, Tempe, AZ 85281 - website
McClintock High School - 1830 E. Del Rio Drive, Tempe, AZ 85282 Kino Aquatic Center - 848 N. Horne Road, Mesa, AZ 85203 - website
Papago Park Archery Range - 6201 E. Oak Street, Phoenix, AZ 85008 - website
Broadway Recreation Center - 59 E. Broadway Road, Mesa, AZ 85210 - website
The Eye Center - 2974 N. Alma School Rd, Chandler, AZ 85224 - website
Joe Selleh Track and Field Venue Map
NOTE: ASU has a new MONDO Track!!!
ONLY Pyramid spikes, no longer than 1/4 inch (0.635 centimeters) will be allowed.
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Tempe/ASU or Homewood Suites (properties are located right next to each other)
2102 & 2104 E Rio Salado Parkway
Tempe, AZ 85281
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Tempe/ASU
$119/night plus tax for Double Queen Beds at the Hilton Garden Inn
- Complimentary hot breakfast, free Wi-Fi throughout all guests rooms, and airport non-accessible shuttle. Non-accessible shuttle service is also offered within 5 miles of the hotel (ASU, Tempe Market Place, Mill Avenue).
$121/night plus tax for Double Queen/King Beds at the Homewood Suites
- Complimentary hot breakfast, happy hour and complimentary dinner Monday - Thursday, kitchenettes and free Wi-Fi throughout all guests rooms, and non-accessible airport shuttle. Several suites are available with 2 bedrooms and a common area between with pullout couch. Non-accessible shuttle service is also offered within 5 miles of the hotel (ASU, Tempe Market Place, Mill Avenue).
For both hotels:
- Sales Representative: Heidi Hayworth, Email: email@example.com
- Mention "Arizona Disabled Sports or Desert Challenge" for the group block rate available through May 7th, 2018.
- Accessible rooms are available on a first come,first served basis
Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa
1422 W. Bass Pro Drive
Mesa, AZ 85201
Important change to transportation for the 2018 event - please read!
The host organization will be providing a looping shuttle for athletes, coaches and guide runners that are staying at the host hotels - the Hilton Garden Inn, the Homewood Suites in Tempe or the Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa. The shuttle will include transportation to/from the competition venue and classification appointments. The transportation package will not include airport transportation for the 2018 event. The shuttle will cost $50.00 per traveler and is available between Tuesday, June 12th and Sunday, June 17th. The transportation request deadline is April 20th, 2018 at 11:59pm PST. Late requests will not be accepted.
Registrants will have the opportunity to purchase Desert Challenge Games merchandise on the Simply Register registration site. Items available include sunglasses, bandana, visor, water bottle, drawstring bag, sweatshirt, or t-shirt. Limited selection of these items will be available for purchase at the event.